Acts of the Apostles—Study Aids
Holy Scriptures #7
These pages summarize much of the material needed to study for the Acts of the Apostles review questions and are derived from Public domain sources.
|Ascension and Pentecost||
|Ministries of Peter and John||
|Martyrdom of Stephen, Conversion of Paul||
|Missionary Journeys of Paul||
|Missions of the Other Apostles||
|Acts of the Apostles—Summary||
Printable Homework Questions
Many Review questions for the Acts of the Apostles unit require familiarity with the Gospels. Students should be familiar with the complete Book of Acts [Chapters 1-28]. For a primary scriptural reference, we recommend either either the Douay Reims or the Revised Standard Version. Both can be found online:
- The Bible Gateway is a well-known and very usable search engine for Bible passages and includes complete version of over 20 Bibles (Catholic and Protestant).
- This version of the Douay Reims Bible contains good search algorithms and includes a summary of each chapter, making browsing easier.
A Children's Bible can sometimes help provide a quick review of the Gospels, but may not be sufficient for advanced level questions. The Bible histories listed below are in the public domain.
CLICK ON COVER IMAGE to download EPUB to your tablet or smart phone.
CLICK ON TITLE to read online (internet required).
Children's Bible — New Testament by Sherman and Kent
The authors were renowned scholars of biblical literature and every section is rendered with care to preserve Biblical accuracy while retelling the most important stories in common language. This second volume of the Children's Bible covers the New Testament, from the Birth of Christ, to the Acts of the Apostles, ending with Stories from the Epistles of Paul, James, and John.
Reading Recommendation: Chapters 26-40
(26) Wonders of Pentecost to (40) Paul's Last Words
There are several worthwhile video series related to Acts of the Apostles. The Read Scripture series from the Bible Project has commentary on all of the Books of the New Testament at a level appropriate to Middle or High School Students. The videos are cleverly illustrated and each lasts between 7 and 10 minutes. The two vidoes related to the Acts of the Apostles are:
- Read Scripture: Acts of the Apostles: 1-12 (8 minutes)
- Read Scripture: Acts of the Apostles: 13-28 (8 minutes)
The Good and Evil Series is a one of many good video renditions of Bible stories. It is done in comic book style and is somewhat campy, but very engaging and popular with students. Videos related to the Acts of the Apostles unit, include the following:
- Good and Evil Episode 12: Burial, Resurrection to Baptism of Ethiopian
- Good and Evil Episode 13: Acts of Apostles, Missons of Paul, Later Missionaries
In addition to the commentaries listed above there a several humorous or narrative videos that are appropriate for younger students, or for general entertainment. A few noteworhty examples are as follows: